Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Days















My most sincere apologies- I have woefully neglected this poor little blog. I wish I could say that it was because I was undercover as a spy in Russia or simply relaxing on the French Riviera. But... I've just been busy. And a little lazy. It's hard to take pictures of myself everyday! wah. 
I have been putting together some cute outfits lately, if I do say so myself. Which I do. Summer had always been my weak point- I hate being hot. I like layers. Sweaters are my friends. None of which goes well with sticky, humid MN summers. But thanks to a little shopping spree at my local Heartbreaker, I feel much better equipped to face these weeks of 90+ degree weather. So... more cute, casual, summery outfits to come!
One other note: photography credit goes to my fabulously talented photographer sister, Rachel Halgren. She's amazing. And I love her. And she's going to yell at me for being sappy, I guarantee it.
And final note before I forget again cause I just remembered and I'm super excited about it: I bought boots! Almost the exact riding boots that I wanted originally. One random trip to DSW, and there was one lone pair of Ralph Lauren riding boots languishing on the clearance rack. So I rescued them. They're brown, which made me hesitate because I had been convinced I wanted black, but after thinking it over (for about 2.5 minutes) I decided that pretty much all the outfits I had planned to wear with riding boots would go just as well with the brown ones. So yay! I have boots. And I will not wear them until... probably September.  

2 comments:

  1. Ah, its ok. Sometimes life is busy crazy (although it would be pretty cool to find out you're a spy ;)
    Super cute outfit girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think a career as a spy probably sounds a lot more glamorous than it is... So I'll settle for just wearing a fabulous trench every once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete