Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Easy Breezy




Not to share tmi or anything, but I was feeling a little bloaty yesterday, so this was the perfect dress to be comfortable, and still look put together. And the outfit managed to fit into the Every Body, Every Wear criteria this month, so I'm linking up with them! This dress is just a simple maxi dress, soft cotton, and soooo comfy. I think the scarf elevated the look, and the plain jewelry finished it perfectly. This summer, I've been all about comfy casual. What's your go-to comfy casual outfit? Also, I've been wearing my bangs pinned back just about every day, because they're at a super awkward length and I'm leaning towards letting them grow out completely rather than getting them trimmed. And I've had bangs since about age 14 when I started wearing contacts and my face felt empty without glasses, so it will be a transition!
And the picture below is one reason why I haven't posted in a while- my hubs and I ran away to the lake for several days and had an amazingly relaxing time. Canoeing at sunset one day, we saw 3 deer and 2 loons! It was a perfect way to let some stresses melt away. 



Dress: NY & Co.
Scarf: The Limited
Jewelry: Lia Sophia

Monochromatic | Everybody, Everywear




This last picture is a nod to the title, which obviously sounds like the Cover Girl slogan. I found this picture on pinterest, and literally laughed out loud, so I'm sharing!


2 comments:

  1. I usually gravitate to my comfiest pair of jeans and a t-shirt when I want to be comfy. I love this dress though. And the scarf is adorable! :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Jeans and a t-shirt are always a great stand-by. But easy to dress up and look fabulous too!

      Delete