Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Elusive Boots

I'm a high heels girl. Heels are my go-to shoes for just about every occasion. That being said, I had a hard time with the riding boots trend. 1" heels? I simply couldn't do it. Until I found some amazing Ralph Lauren riding boots at DSW. However, the price tag was a little higher than I usually want to spend, especially on a trend that I still wasn't completely sold on. I saw them on clearance a little while later, but they were out of my size- "average" size 8. (I could only find size 10, but was still tempted to get them, that's how cute they were!) So I kept looking. and looking. and loooooking. I'm pretty picky with flat shoes- they have to have the right shape toes, and not too much hardware, and while faux leather is ok, I don't want it to look too fake. That's a lot to ask for in a boot! I ordered a pair from Overstock.com, but they didn't fit great either (and had a horrible plastic-y smell, even after spending a weekend in my garage.) so they went back. And I'm still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment