Saturday, May 5, 2012

Numero Uno



The tree was trying to eat me!



Coat- thrifted, DIY embellished (copying this coat, just like Jessica did here!)

This has quickly become one of my favorite articles of clothing. I'd wanted a khaki trench coat for a long time, and when I found this one at Goodwill (for $9!!) only 2 days after seeing Jessica's makeover coat post, I was inspired. My personal tailor (aka my mom) added the bias tape trim ($3) for me, bringing the grand total of my jacket to right around $12!! And I wear it all the time. I feel like it gives any outfit an instant upgrade, a touch of classic elegance. What is an item in your wardrobe that elevates your look?


2 comments:

  1. a trench coat is something that is still missing from my closet, but this one is GREAT. i love the bias tape detail!

    ReplyDelete